Warehouse Associate – 1st Shift
Durham Coca-Cola Bottling Co.
Primary Functions: To build pallets/orders and load completed orders onto delivery trucks in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
- Pull product and build orders as needed according to Load Out sheets.
- Uses appropriate material handling equipment (manual/power pallet jacks, tec.).
- Accurately load orders onto appropriate delivery truck per load sheet specifications in a safe, but timely manner.
- Operate material handling equipment to safely unload incoming products and place them in appropriate positions in the warehouse.
- Monitor date codes and utilize the oldest product first.
- Verifies accuracy of order built.
- Wrap and stage orders of product to be loaded.
- Load trailers for shipment of pallets or shells.
- Adheres to all company safety rules to ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- Maintain equipment in good condition.
- Fill out daily inspections sheets.
- Assist other employee in job functions as needed to expedite the work flow.
- Maintain a clean work area (picks up trash, sweeps, re-packs product, etc).
- Required to work after hours and weekend warehouse on call duties.
- Any training required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- Requires a High school diploma or general education development (GED) diploma
- A valid NC Driver License
- Experience working in a warehouse is preferred
- Ability to lift 40 pounds occasionally
- Ability to lift 30 pounds over shoulders occasionally
- Ability to lift CO2 cylinders occasionally (up to 55 pounds)
- Ability to push/pull product occasionally
- Ability to walk/stand at least 8 hours/daily
- Ability to obtain forklift license and operate manual/power pallet jacks
- Maintains a professional relationship with co-workers
- Must adhere to all safety programs
- A good candidate must provide a good work history that demonstrates: dependability, integrity, attention to detail, self-motivated, excellent
customer service and takes initiative
- Ability to pass the company background and Motor Vehicle Report check and the company drug testing requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer of Disabilities/Veterans