WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE HARDEEVILLE
Carolina Beverage Corp.
Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Industry Code: Wholesale Trade 424000 Non-Durable Goods
Job Code: A9E53-7051(11)
Reports To: Warehouse Manager/Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Department of Labor: 53-7051 Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators SOC 960
Description: Operate industrial trucks or tractors equipped to move materials around a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location.
Summary: Warehouse activities for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Builds bulk delivery pallets for customers and loads them onto bulk delivery vehicles in proper order.
- Daily shipping/receiving which includes unloading trucks, verifying correctness of shipments against bills of lading or other records, check for shortages, rejects damaged goods, shipping and dunnage, and routes merchandise to proper department or loading area. Takes the initiative to verify accuracies and deliver shipments received to the proper department upon receipt.
- Operates gas, propane or electric powered forklift or pallet jack. Collects and delivers variety of goods, materials and products in warehouse or loading docks.
- Assist with general, routine maintenance of warehouse as assigned (replacing light bulbs, emptying the garbage cans, and keeping shipping area clean and orderly, etc.)
- Inspects products and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards. Performs cleaning of equipment in work areas. Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Repack damaged product according to company standards.
- Participates in safety program and follows all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: Forklift Operator a plus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Background Requirements: Employee must pass background check, motor vehicle driver check, drug screen, and agility test