Warehouse Associate II
Alfa Laval Air Cooled Exchangers, Inc.
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated team player with the ability to easily network in an international and cross-cultural environment, working in line with Alfa Laval drivers; Action, Interaction, and Satisfaction. You are driven and see solutions rather than problems, effectively prioritizing and executing tasks. You build trust, by clear communication with no prestige.
If the above sounds like you, this position might be just what you’re looking for!
OBJECTIVE (broad function, scope and purpose for the position) To assist in the day to day processes in the warehouse ensuring customers receive quality products on time as requested. Time and time again.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION (outline job duties and responsibilities):
- Examine shipment contents and compare with packing list and purchase orders to verify accuracy.
- Receiving shipment data in system and note any damages or discrepancies
- Put away or decant parts in the manual and automated warehouse
- Pick parts from the manual and automated warehouse
- Audit and pack orders for delivery accuracy using hand tools, packing equipment, and system.
- Cycle Count for inventory accuracy
- Transport units from cell to cell
- Identify and act on safety risks immediately
- Use software applicable to warehouse systems (WAMAS and MOVEX)
- Use shipping software to create shipping documentation
- Identify and report discrepancies and errors to ALPS board, TL, or TM
- Active participation in ALPS
- Execute work instructions based on SOPs
- Be active in problem resolution and corrective actions
- Suggest improvements of SOP
- Active focus on reducing types of waste in our processes
- Engaged in 5S
ORGANIZATIONAL COMPONENTS (level of functional responsibility, relationships, level of direction received, and ability to initiate work):
Primary direction received from Team Lead. Team member must be proactive and independent in warehouse responsibilities and collaborative within department and with other departments/locations in resolving warehouse concerns.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Participate in all required safety training
- Claims Reduction
- Receipt on time
- Make on time
- Pack on time
- Maintain positive cost flex
KEY COMPETENCIES NEEDED
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION DESIRED
- Education (degree or years) and/or Certification/Registration: High School Diploma or GED
- Type and Length of Experience:
- 2 - 4 years previous warehouse experience required
- 2 - 4 years previous material handling equipment experience required
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes Desired in Candidate:
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Be cooperative
- Be flexible
- Be engaged in problem solving & improvement
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
- Physical Requirements (lifting, climbing, standing, equipment use):
- Ability to lift 60 pounds occasionally
- Certified Equipment operation (Forklift, Order Picker, Turret Truck)
- Ability to stand for majority of the work day
- Environmental Factors (hazardous materials, work location, work surfaces, exposure):
- Some hazardous material handling required
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (i.e., travel, motor vehicle use, etc.)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What’s in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.