Warehouse Associate (Part-Time)
Southern States Petroleum
Performs a variety of retail operations functions to ensure sales readiness and customer support at Southern States Cooperative, Inc. (SSC) service and cooperative locations. Job functions vary by location and generally include: receiving merchandise and maintaining warehouse inventory, stocking shelves and supporting merchandising efforts, maintaining showroom appearance, filling customer orders and providing loading assistance, and performing general facility maintenance. Effectively operates a forklift and other industrial equipment. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions -- complexity of essential job functions increases with grade level
- Maintain regular communication with store leadership to receive daily assignments and provide timely information regarding receiving and inventory supply, customer orders, showroom appearance, facility maintenance, safety, loss prevention, and other factors critical to daily operations.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer support. Assist customers with filling orders, lifting and accessing products, and loading merchandise into vehicles. Verify invoices to ensure proper merchandise and quantities are loaded. Effectively secure loads.
- Receive merchandise deliveries at facility warehouse according to established procedures. Unload merchandise in various forms including pallets, boxes, bulk, and/or large items utilizing proper equipment (forklift, front-end loader, skid loader, pallet jack, etc.) and manual lifting as appropriate. Count and verify accuracy of delivery by comparing to purchase orders and reviewing shipping documents. Inspect items for damage or defects. Notify supervisor immediately of shipping errors, damage to materials, and product quality issues.
- Safely move merchandise throughout the warehouse utilizing proper equipment, including manual lifting. Perform full pallet put-away, accurately storing merchandise in warehouse racking or other designated locations. Manually stack down mixed pallets, sorting merchandise for warehouse storage or showroom replenishment.
- Perform showroom replenishment. Safely move merchandise to the showroom utilizing proper equipment and/or manual lifting. Stock merchandise ensuring shelves and displays are neatly faced and organized and that items are accessible to customers. Perform recovery according to facility procedures.
- Reconfigure store shelving, build endcaps, and assist with creating merchandise displays. Read and interpret merchandising diagrams (plan-o-grams).
- Deliver bulk and/or packaged merchandise to customer locations utilizing SSC vehicles.
- Fill propane cylinders. Operate all propane-related equipment according to established procedures and safety protocols, and in compliance with training and licensing requirements.
- Assist facility team members in taking physical inventory according to established guidelines.
- Monitor entrances and exits in an effort to promote store security, safety, and to minimize merchandise loss. Request receipt or proof of payment in keeping with facility procedures. Escalate potential security concerns to store leadership.
- Perform regular inspections of forklifts and other industrial equipment according to facility guidelines. Identify and report maintenance needs to supervisor. May assist with maintenance of equipment as needed.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties and general facility maintenance to keep warehouse, showroom, outside lot and display areas neat and safe. Keep aisles and walkways clear of debris. May perform lawn care, snow removal, painting, and a variety of other general maintenance assignments as determined by location needs.
- Work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers and property, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment and vehicles according to SSC policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Southern States Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.