Warehouse – Day Warehouse Manager
The Chefs' Warehouse
About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc. (http://www.chefswarehouse.com) combines exceptional quality and brand building with broadline food service distribution for more than 35 years. With Protein, Specialty, Produce, and Broadline offerings, we service the most discerning chefs in a hybrid approach of convenience and superior quality. We introduce more than 2,000 artisan producers of the world’s finest ingredients from over 40 countries to the finest chefs in the world. We passionately consult, sell, and build relationships with more than 35,000 customers through the most experienced network of over 600 consultive sales associates, best-in-breed technology, rapid service, and support levels that solidify our long-standing ties to both established and up-and-coming premium restaurants.
Mission: The mission of The Chefs’ Warehouse is to provide the world’s greatest ingredients to the world’s best chefs.
Our C.H.E.F.S. Values:
Curious & Creative
Hungry For Food & Results
Forward Thinking & Flexible
Supportive (Of Peers & Chefs)
Position Summary: The Warehouse Manager, under the supervision of the Director, plans, directs and coordinates the operations of the organization. The Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
- Oversees the daily workflow of Operations.
- Ensuring the office is stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Working with accounting and management team to set budgets, monitor spending, and processing payroll and other expenses. Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence.
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Manage accounts and perform light bookkeeping.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Anticipate the needs of others to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Oversee facilities services and maintenance activities.
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning, Blood drive etc.)
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations.
- Tracking and issuing uniforms for all employees within Operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge but not required JDE, BFC, AS400, Concur, OnBase, Dayforce
- Multilingual may be preferred or required.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- A team player with leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience
- Minimum five years related experience in a high-level management position with P&L responsibility
Salary $70,000 to $72,000
The above job description is not an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid Vacations, Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Medical Benefits
- Weekly pay
- Life Insurance
- 5% above cost for our high-quality food products
- Employee discounts for travel and events
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. We are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.