Warehouse Lead – 3rd shift
Schwan's Home Delivery
At Schwan’s Home Delivery, our passion is to deliver extraordinary experiences, lasting relationships, and outstanding food to America’s tables. As a Warehouse Lead, you will lead the day-to-day tasks of the warehouse. You will be responsible for the training and onboarding of new team members. Top performers can have the opportunity to grow into various roles within the company including, Route Sales Representatives, Area Manager and more! Show us what you got!
As a full-time employee you are eligible for full benefits and paid weekly!
This is a 3rd shift position working in our freezer.
Starting Wage: $20 / hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You load frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
- Inventory Control of our trucks and freezer.
- Care for our products, trucks, clean environment, culture and team members.
- Use lists to dispense and receive information including product codes and customer pre-orders.
- General upkeep of facility including cleaning and/or maintenance of depot and grounds.
- The hours vary by location and size of the depots, but generally this position is an overnight shift, i.e. 2am – 10:30am, 4am – 12:30pm.
- As needed unload frozen food product up to 50 pounds from semis into warehouse freezers.
Safety is our number one priority! We provide the proper protective clothing, including, freezer jackets, boots, gloves and safety glasses. We also provide safety training in the operation of our trucks, proper lifting, use of equipment, and general warehouse safety.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years of related warehouse experience preferred
- 2+ years of supervisor experience preferred
- Must meet the Federal DOT eligibility requirements, including appropriate driver's license and medical certification. NO CDL license required
- Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability and team support
- Comfortable with computer technology; i.e hand-held computers, running reports, MS Office programs; or have a willingness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work physically in freezer environments for 4-8 hours per day, loading and unloading trucks, and standing for 8-hour shifts
- Ability to work independently for part or all of shift
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at Schwan’s!
Schwan’s Home Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.