Kenco Logistic Services
About the Position
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for acting as a coach/leader of warehouse associates. The job is responsible to coach and train teammates to fulfill their individual daily tasks in addition to the Lead’s own tasks. The Lead may have various responsibilities based on the specific department, this can include, but is not limited to shipping/receiving, packaging, inventory control, general warehouse functions or material handling operators (i.e. forklift operators). The lead will provide backup to the supervisor as needed.
• Train new warehouse associates and forklift drivers and conduct Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) and annual recertification training.
• Conduct EIP, performance, and maintenance observations.
• Safely operate powered industrial equipment to move products or materials for distribution such as clamp/slip sheet equipment; load, unload, and store materials/products in designated areas.
• Complete applicable paperwork (i.e. shipping/tracking labels) per standard operating procedures and applicable regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, IATA, IMDG, etc.)
• Participate in inventory/cycle count activities as needed and report variances to leadership.
• Perform daily safely inspections per the Safety Checklist on forklift trucks
• Ensure facility is inspection ready at all times for SQFI, FDA, and customer needs.
• Communicate and report any incidents to supervisor
• Ensure product rotation procedures are followed.
• Review and Analyze daily production reports.
• Serve as backup to other warehouse roles, as needed.
• Depending on specific department other duties may apply.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred and be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
• Minimum 2 years prior warehouse/distribution operations experience and 6 months experience related leadership or supervisory experience and/or training in a distribution environment.
• Must be a licensed forklift operator or be able to obtain a Forklift Operator license.
• Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with other to meet shared objectives.
• Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Situational Adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.