Bassett Furniture Industries, Inc.
Pittsburgh Warehouse, PA
Warehouse Manager | Northwest Pittsburgh | Ambridge, PA
This opportunity is for a low volume/one store market warehouse.
Leads the activities for this warehouse in a manner to produce cost efficient in-home delivery, operational execution, precise inventory controls and support the store associates. Provides a leadership role for our warehouse and delivery associates as well our shop technicians through effective training, coaching and communication.
Supervision Given: Leads and manages the warehouse associates, shop technician and Delivery teams in conjunction with the delivery service provider (if applicable).
Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Hires, trains and supervises all Bassett Warehouse personnel;
- Conducts performance reviews on all above listed associates;
- Molds the environment of the warehouse by setting and upholding Bassett’s values and standards and practices. Holds associate accountable to the same standards;
- Implements new programs and practices effectively and on a timely basis to assist our stores and customers at the direction of the Regional Manager, Regional Operations Manager and/or Store Manager;
- Oversees daily delivery line to ensure showroom quality furniture will be delivered to our customers;
- Responsible and accountable for receiving, storage, counting, accuracy, all movement and security of the inventory;
- Responsible and accountable for the security of the building, delivery trucks, and service vehicles;
- Ensures that all safety and personal protection equipment is well maintained and properly used by all Associates as necessary;
- Responsible for complete safety training before any associate lifts or loads merchandise, drives or operates any company owned vehicles or equipment;
- Responsible for maintaining standards for the warehouse (interior and exterior) offices, company owned vehicles as models for organization, safety and efficiency;
- Responsible for maintenance of all company vehicles and well as their cleanliness and proper signage;
- Ability to perform work of all subordinates when necessary;
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned.
Bassett is looking for the following Experience/Abilities/Skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalency certificate;
- At least 2 years experience in warehouse operations with supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to:
- Work in an organized and safety conscious manner
- Work as a team with an enthusiastic attitude
- Effectively communicate with customer, co-workers, and management
- Read, understand and write the English language;
- Lift and or move up to 70 pounds
- Utilize Computer programs such as Word and Excel
- understand technicalities related to warehouse, purchasing, receiving, etc
- Work accurately with numbers, bar codes, computer generated worksheets, etc
- Learn and operate the STORIS system
- Drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid drivers license and good driving record
- Walk, stand, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use and/or control tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear, and see up close, in color, depth and distance vision, as well as the ability to adjust focus.
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.