Warehouse Manager Trainee
Bunzl R3 Distribution
The Warehouse Manager Trainee program consists of a comprehensive training program which involves hands-on training and experience in all core business areas in order to prepare candidates to step into a Warehouse Management position in any one of the branches located in the United States.
This program has the possibility of transitioning into a new role as soon as six to twelve months depending on experience and business needs.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today, but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
- Assist and be trained in the Warehouse department to learn and understand the warehouse/distribution processes.
- Undergo comprehensive training on all aspects of Purchasing, Sales, Customer Service, Warehouse and Distribution, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources and other significant business functions.
- Assist with other relevant projects as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or related field strongly preferred
- 2-5 years progressive warehousing and distribution experience (preferably in a high volume receiving, order selecting and shipping warehouse) required
- Able and willing to display flexibility for relocation after training anywhere in the United States is a must
- Able to work varied shifts during the training period including nights, swing, etc.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience managing in a union environment is preferred
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal OSHA safety and DOT transportation regulations preferred
- Must be able to lift heavy objects (occasionally between 60-75 lbs) with or without reasonable accommodation for an entire shift
- Must be able to work regularly at a height of up to 26 feet above the ground (with provided safety equipment/processes/training)
- Must be team oriented, dependable and a strong leader
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office software and knowledge of the AS400 is preferred
- Must possess strong planning, organizational, and time management skills, as well as strong problem solving proficiency
- Ability to work varied shifts during training period
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.ID:uDnQdo