Warehouse Manager – Wood Dale, IL
Wood Dale, IL
What part will you play?
This position is responsible for performing warehouse duties and directing the day-to-day activities of the warehouse. This position is accountable for the warehouse's inventory accuracy, organization, and control of incoming shipments, as well as the timely, properly documented execution of outgoing shipments, including RMAs. The position entails a service-oriented approach; proactively supporting local and global project teams with all warehouse activities is required, as well as the ability to collaborate and communicate with a variety of other departments and warehouses. This position will train others as required.
What will you be doing?
- Set schedules, priorities, and work assignments and provide direction to warehouse clerks and temporary staff. May be required to regularly lead a team on large projects.
- Enforce and effectively communicate all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe warehouse by driving safety compliance. Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintain an ongoing dialog with Project Managers/Coordinators ensuring that work quality, performance, and response times meet required delivery schedules and expectations.
- Control inventory levels by conducting monthly physical counts reconciled with software system counts. Submit monthly report to Regional Warehouse Manager, highlighting any exceptions and how the discrepancy was/should be resolved.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by implementing new design layouts approved by the management; regularly inspect warehouse facility and equipment; issue requisitions for repair and/or replacement of substandard warehouse equipment including, but not limited to, malfunctioning pallet jacks, loose shelving, trip hazards, etc.
- Train and develop Warehouse Clerks to contribute to employee growth and knowledge; build and drive department teamwork and communication.
- Maintain a safe and clean warehouse facility: breakdown boxes and control waste; store shipping pallets and other warehouse materials and equipment; follow procedures and inventory control processes; comply with safety policies.
- Unload and receive deliveries: process receipt and/or electronically log all incoming packages, based on disposition. Qualify equipment/materials and store according to warehouse layout and project specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies utilizing RF/ Scan Gun
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Weigh, and label outbound shipments, including small package and freight shipments. Recommend cost-effective shipping procedures to staff members. Call for couriers in response to staff requests and notify appropriate project teams when incoming courier correspondence is received.
- Ensure that outbound shipping requests are processed in a timely manner and in accordance with project specifications, as well as Diversified shipping and inventory control procedures. Confirm all documentation and data entry is complete and accurate before releasing the shipment.
- Work with Inventory Control, Project, and Purchasing teams to process RMA shipments in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure proper documentation and procedures are followed.
- This position is required to deliver products and materials to job sites and between buildings.
- This is a position that requires specific training for our ERP systems and processes. Once learned it is a relatively routine process from day to day. This position is responsible for the Management of temp and/or permanent warehouse clerks.
Decision Making Authority:
- This job works within tight processes and existing systems. There is little authority to work outside of existing protocol
Physical Working Environment:
- Ability to stand, kneel, and crouch for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds, as needed
- Ability to work in high places and in small cramped places
- Ability to work in hot, humid places as well as cold places for extended periods
What do we require from you?
- Associates or equivalent experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 5 years working experience in a warehouse environment
- Relevant warehouse, operations, and inventory management experience
- Forklift operation experience is preferred
- Forklift training is required, (if facility has forklift)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of US Postal regulations required
- Knowledge of UPS and FedEx regulations required
- Inventory Control experience required
- Ability to communicate professionally and courteously to customers and partners, both internal and external
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer and all aspects of employment will be based on job requirements, individual qualifications, merit, performance and business needs. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing assistance or an accommodation to complete an application due to a disability, may contact Human Resources at 800.811.2771.