Warehouse / Non-CDL Driver
BWI Companies, Inc.
La Vergne, TN
We are looking for a Driver/Warehouse person to join our team! As a driver, you will drive a non-CDL straight truck delivering goods to customers and transporting transfers between other BWI branches. Additional general warehouse duties will be undertaken upon the completion of scheduled deliveries.
In this role, you will:
- Perform inspections, checking that the mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment for the vehicle is in good working order.
- Maintain logs of working hours and of vehicle service and repair status.
- Obtain receipts/signatures when loads are delivered and collect payment when required.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, as directed. Check that vehicle position is correct and any special loading equipment is properly positioned.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, load locks, chain, binders, and/or covers.
- Read invoices to determine assignment details.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to vehicles or property.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Collect delivery instructions, verifying instructions and routes.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers and telephones to exchange necessary information with supervisors or branch personnel.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance such as adding oil, fuel, and radiator fluid, and performing minor repairs.
- Collaborate with other employees to ensure customer satisfaction and teamwork.
- Complete Driver trip report as well as trip returns report.
- Maintain tractor/truck interior cab cleanliness.
- Quickly and accurately build and pull customer shipment orders. Neatly palletize product and secure product to pallet.
- Efficiently and safely operate machinery, such as forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures and encourage team members to do the same.
- Efficiently and accurately utilize the Warehouse Management.
- Maintain a clean work area during shift and heavily clean at end of shift.
In addition, you must be able to:
- Accept responsibility and account for your actions.
- Perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Take care of customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Pay attention to details.
- Work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Be truthful and dependable.
To apply, you must:
- Have A High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED),
- Have a clean MVR with less than 3 moving violations over three-year period,
- Be able to pass DOT physical & DOT drug screen, and
- Have no DWI / DUI convictions.
While on-the-job you will be required to obtain in-house Forklift and Haz-Mat certification (HM 126-F).
Key benefits for all Full-Time BWI employees include 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match, excellent health, dental & vision care plan options, flexible spending account and health savings account options, life & disability insurance, paid vacation and 8 paid company holidays.ID:uDnQdo