Warehouse Operator – 2nd Shift
Land O' Lakes
Warehouse Operator - 2nd Shift
As a Warehouse Operator, you will be a valued team member who will perform tasks essential to our warehouse operations: coordinate inbound/outbound deliveries, pick and load product using a variety of forklifts (stand-up, reach truck, sit-down, walkie rider pallet jack), organize storage areas based on FIFO, assist with cycle counts, and maintain a safe and clean work area. Warehouse Operator is a labor-intensive job which includes but not limited to: receiving inbound shipments to confirm documentation such as BOL's or COA's, picking orders in the warehouse with the use of RF scanner to select the correct product from the racks based on FIFO, palletizing product/shrink wrap to secure and transfer pallets to the loading dock, loading outbound orders for delivery in a safe and efficient manner.
Location: Hicksville, NY
Hours: 1:00 PM – 9:30 pm, Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays. Shift schedules could include days, nights, weekends, some holidays, hours subject to business needs
Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as other company sponsored benefits.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- 18 years or older
- 6+ months of previous warehouse experience
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences:
- 1+ years of warehouse work experience
- STAND-UP Forklift or REACH TRUCK Forklift Experience
- Inventory Control or Cycle Count Experience
- Order Picking
- Knowledge of GMP’s & FIFO
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment while working with detailed information
- Work in refrigerated/cold environment and/or hot temperatures throughout the day
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions and possess basic mathematical skills
- Communicate work order progress to supervisor and production operators
- Forklift Certification and/or experience driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
- Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work in noisy environments.
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment.
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust is present.
This role is at a Dairy Foods manufacturing facility for Land O’Lakes, creating dairy products that stand for real, simple goodness. We believe there’s power in every drop of milk our farmers produce, and by improving production and finding innovative uses for that milk, we add a little good to people’s lives.
Applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment (post offer) background check.
About Land O'Lakes, Inc.
Join us and be part of a Fortune 250, farmer- and member-owned cooperative that is reimagining the business of food. We have been named a Top Workplace by Indeed and LinkedIn, and to the TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
We provide a broad portfolio of benefits to keep you and your family at your best. Land O'Lakes is Where Your Future Takes Root.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.ID:uDnQdo