Warehouse Order Puller – First Shift (6a-2:30p)
The Empire Co.
Zeeland Twp, MI
Novo Building Products is an industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of mouldings, stair parts, doors, and specialty building products. Novo Building Products family of companies includes Ornamental Decorative Millwork, L.J. Smith Stair Systems, Empire Moulding & Millwork, Southwest Moulding & Millwork, and Novo Direct.
Just as our products are used to build something new and inspire others to make living spaces more beautiful, we endeavor to impact the people and communities we touch every day positively.
- The person in this position will be responsible for safely and accurately pulling customer orders for shipment.
- Additional earning potential through order pulling bonus ($2.13 - 10.63/hr. on top of the hourly rate)*
- Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Determines the jig needed to pull and how many units will be pulled.
• Picks the order according to the job order, pulling bundles and pieces, organizing and leveling the load, and checking with a supervisor when stock is unavailable.
• Scans the product when it is picked using a radio frequency scanner.
• Cuts product loose from packaging, cleaning up and pulling the appropriate amount.
• Checks the product for defective pieces and notes the number of defective pieces on the tally for updating the system.
• Ensures all units are leveled and tightly built.
• Label material that is pulled, ensuring accuracy.
• Pulls to the banding area to be banded, ensuring labels are correct.
• Cleans work area, sweeping, rebinding loose bundles, etc.
•Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
• Must be able to use a radio frequency scanner.
• Must handle awkward product lengths and lift weights up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management verbally and in written form.
• Will be exposed to seasonal weather elements and wood dust.
• Prior experience in distribution or manufacturing environment.
• No travel requirements.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
• 100%: Stand, handle or feel, squeeze or grasp
• 80%: Reaching with hands and arms, depth perception
• 50%: Walk, repetitive motion, operate moving equipment
• 10%: Working bent at the waist, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, bending or twisting
• Lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Lift, push, or pull 75-100 lbs. with assistance.
Why Work with Us?
We offer competitive wages, shift premiums, and health benefits. Benefits include a clean work environment, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, Paid Time Off (PTO), and 401k program with employer match.
We have a dynamic culture with our team members who are encouraged to contribute, change, grow, and get rewarded accordingly. If you're passionate about contributing to a great team, we would love to hear from you!
For more information, please visit our website at: www.novobp.com/careers
NOVO Building Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer M/F/D/V
*The employee must meet pulling requirements in order to qualify for each tier of the weekly order pulling bonus for each pay periodID:uDnQdo