Warehouse Selector/Picker – Single Pick 1130am Start
Garden Spot Foods
Warehouse Selector/Picker - Single Pick Warehouse 1130am Start
River Valley, a growing specialty foods and consumable products distributor in Syracuse, NY, is searching for full time Warehouse Order Selectors/Pickers.
River Valley Holdings is a family-owned distribution company based in Syracuse, NY, serving retail customers across the northeastern United States. The River Valley family of companies: River Valley Foods, Cavallaro Foods and Garden Spot Foods, distributes a wide range of specialty dry and frozen grocery items and consumable products out of warehouses in Syracuse, NY and New Holland, PA.
Selectors/Pickers are responsible for safely and accurately selecting/picking cases and individual items of dry good products and building pallets or totes for distribution. The successful candidate is goal-oriented and demonstrates dependability, efficiency, and attention to detail.
This position is FULL TIME with competitive benefit offerings:
- Medical & Dental benefits
- Life & disability insurance
- Supplemental insurances
- 401k with company match
- 2 weeks of vacation per year
- Employee assistance program
- Employee purchase program
- Protective footwear allowance after 90 days
- Opportunity for advancement
Wages: This position starts at $19.25 per hour.
Hours: Schedule is 4 days/week. The shift starts at 11:30am until the work is finished (generally within 10 hours although overtime may be required/available).
- Perform pre-operation inspections of any equipment being used
- Select/Pick stock to fill customer orders
- Read order requirements and shelf locations
- Ensure order accuracy while meeting productivity goals
- Build and prepare pallets or bins for shipping
- Work with team members and supervisors to ensure coordination of work
- Perform additional job duties as required
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years old and have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently throughout the shift
- Ability to stand, walk, lift, and bend for extended periods of time
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening test
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Prior warehouse experience (preferred, not required)
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility
- Ability to communicate and use teamwork to achieve goals
River Valley Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)