Warehouse Shipping and Receiving Class A Driver
Wente Family Estates
All Wente Family Estates Employees:
At WFE, employee performance is not just measured by the results delivered, but also according to our behaviors and how results are obtained. Consistent demonstration of our RISE Values (Respect, Integrity, Sustainability & Excellence) are an expectation of all members of our team. With these in mind, the Purchasing team aims to create value throughout our supply chain, following the Procurement Principles of Satisfying the Customer, Sourcing Better Deals, and embracing a Continuous Improvement mindset. As a member of our team, it is an expectation that you will do the work and improve the work, which supports the innovation and development of the whole organization.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers (15 minute, short hauls, typically 4 loads a day).
- Transporting vineyard equipment to and from job locations.
- Prepare and obtain company shipping receipts, material transfer orders, packing slips, Bills of Lading and similar documentation with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Perform a full inspection of vehicles and forklifts for mechanical and safety issues at the beginning of each shift; report any issues, defects, accidents or violations.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions/manifests.
- Perform warehousing duties such as:
- Loading and unloading finished goods and raw materials utilizing fork trucks/pallet jacks
- Input “shipping confirmations” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Mail package receiving and delivery
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Valid Class A & Class B driver’s license and their proper endorsements
- Proven work experience as a Class B Truck Driver
- Trucking school diploma
- Documented safe driving record, and possession of a current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Basic computer skills with the willingness to learn JD Edwards ERP system
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, schedule interruptions, etc.)
- Good communication skills
- Team player with the ability to maintain excellent working relationships with the team, suppliers, managers and employees.
- Flexible schedule during Harvest months (August-November)
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Spanish speaking is desired, but not required
- Physical demands include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, and stand and walk on concrete for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to operate a computer for long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain.