Warehouse Supervisor – Nightshift (Pittsburgh)
Bunzl USA, Inc.
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for all daily activities in the warehouse and must be able to work where needed in order to complete the demands of the day. The Supervisor must have the ability to supervise a crew doing multiple functions in multiple areas of the warehouse. The Supervisor must be present in order to administer appropriate disciplinary actions in a prompt, fair, and consistent manner according to company policy. The supervisor must be able to enforce the company policies and procedures set by management and carry oneself professionally at all times. Shift hours: Monday through Thursday - 3:00 PM until all work is complete. Friday - 2:30 PM until all work is complete.
Your career path has many avenues available for you to succeed. Are you looking to advance at a rate that matches your ambition and skill set? At Bunzl, we understand and want to invest in you. With our multi-career options, you’ll not only be able to find the adventure you are looking for today but can be confident that new opportunities will be there for advancement in your future.
At Bunzl, we know that our employees are our number one asset. We seek to recruit and retain the right people who are passionate about our business and we provide opportunities for our employees so that they may progress within our company based on their talents, experiences, and their aptitude.
- Coach and assign workload to individual warehouse associates
- Verify all shipments
- Communicate with the corporate office as well as our customer via email or phone conversations in a clear and professional manner
- Issue performance appraisals and disciplinary write-ups
- Participate in physical inventories
- Keep accurate attendance records and maintain a productive work environment
- Analyze and run reports to promote production
- High school diploma
- 2-3 years of Supervisory experience. Experience in a union environment highly desired.
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong computer/data entry/Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Exercise good judgment and react quickly in emergency situations
- Drive a forklift when needed
- Supervise staff and delegate tasks
- Good reading (English) and math skills
- Bilingual in English/Spanish skills are a plus
- Must be able to work 8 hours to 12 hours a day, standing on a concrete surface
- Work in temperatures that vary from summer temperatures to lower degrees in the winter
- Push, pull and pick up cartons weighing up to 50 pounds throughout the day with or without reasonable accommodations
So, what are you waiting for? A new career awaits you with endless opportunities.
Bunzl is a global leader in the Cleaning & Hygiene, Food Processing, Grocery, Health Care, Non-Food Retail, and Safety industries. We have grown both organically and through acquisitions to sales in excess of $10 billion. Bunzl North America is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Bunzl North America owns and operates more than 100 warehouses and serves all 50 states, Puerto Rico, Canada and parts of the Caribbean and Mexico. With more than 5,000 employees and 400,000 plus supplies, Bunzl is regarded as a leading supplier in North America.
Bunzl Distribution offers competitive salaries, a comfortable work environment, and a full range of benefits including a 401k with a company match.
Bunzl Distribution has a tradition of commitment to equal employment opportunity. It is the established policy to attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status as provided by law.ID:uDnQdo