Water Treatment Tech
About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Water Treatment Technician will complete installation and provide field service support for B Braun Medical’s Avitum Division. This includes performing on-site and telephone technical support on Avitum products for customers in accordance with B. Braun documented policies and procedures.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Respond expediently to service requests for installation of water treatment systems used for hemodialysis from management and to properly coordinate necessary activities with both internal and external customers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures. Not limited to, but emphasizing corresponding IFU and service manual documented processes, travel policy, legal compliance policy, expense reporting policy, corporate credit card policy, and company vehicle policy.
- Complete and maintain with accuracy all associated paperwork and service reporting mechanisms.
- Install, troubleshoot, calibrate and repair equipment within the guidelines of all IFU and service documentation processes and procedures.
- Participate in water treatment projects to determine proper configuration of components and bill of materials. Cross function with other teammates involved with each project to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Install and test options including secondary ring within the guidelines of all IFU and service documentation processes and procedures.
- Perform field upgrade procedures within the guidelines of all IFU and service documentation processes and procedures.
- Accurately maintain and account for an assigned inventory of spare parts and essential work tools
- Organize local help to assist with handling and moving WTS components.
Expertise, Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedures and drawings;
- An understanding of the water treatment products and standards, concepts and terminology is highly preferred;
- Good customer management, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to provide support resolution through alternative mediums such as phone support and email;
- Ability to operate special hand tools;
- Plumbing Skills for use with PVC, nylon, copper and PEX materials
Target Based Range$25-$30 p/h
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High school diploma;
- Plumbing experience and skills related to water ring pipe used in hemodialysis and interconnecting core components
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to travel 70-90% of work week with tools and parts by air or car making local or extended trips.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends with minimum notification is required.
- Technical Certification or Associate Degree;
- Knowledge of central water treatment systems and associated pre-treatment devices including ring piping, used for hemodialysis
- Experience in the Dialysis industry
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled