Weight Lab Technician
Rice Lake Weighing Systems
Rice Lake, WI
Lab Technician - 1st Shift
For 75 years Rice Lake Weighing Systems has been a successful, growth-oriented company known as a leader in the weighing industry and our community. The accredited Rice Lake metrology lab has been providing quality mass calibration services with an industry leading turnaround time for more than two decades. We are currently seeking a Lab Technician to join our experienced Weight Lab team.
The Lab Technician will perform high end measurements, calibrate, and test weights for public, private, academic or state/federal level customers. The Lab Tech will follow work instructions in order to maintain Rice Lake’s standards and measurement equipment. This employee will have a high regard for general lab etiquette. They will ensure that all measurement services conform to strict standards and customer expectations. This candidate must be comfortable with calculations of conversions between measurements (ex. grams to milligrams). This candidate will work in a fast-paced environment as part of our team to uphold our industry leading turnaround time. This candidate will enjoy working in our climate controlled, state of the art Metrology Lab.
This position will work Monday - Friday with the core hours of 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, with overtime as needed. The Lab Technician will enjoy working in our climate-controlled Weight Lab.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Two (2) or more years experience in a quality control or laboratory environment, with metrology laboratory experience preferred
- Good mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, algebra)
- Knowledge of Metric Conversions
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good number recognition skills
- Strong computer skills and experience with using new software
- Ability to be productive working both independently and as part of a team
Certificates, licenses, training, or other job-related requirements
No current restrictions prohibiting regular lifting of 50 lbs.
RLWS is a successful, energetic, customer-driven organization that offers competitive wages, great working conditions, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, disability, life, vacation, sick time, holidays, profit sharing, 401k, and wellness benefit programs.
If you need assistance with your application, please contact Rice Lake Weighing Systems at (800) 472-6703. Rice Lake Weighing Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Rice Lake Weighing Systems is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.