Welder- 2nd shift
Wastequip has an immediate opportunity for a Welder to support our Eagleville, TN manufacturing operation. This is a full time position with great benefits including but not limited to Health Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Vacation/Sick time, and so much more. The ideal candidate will be a MIG Welder with prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Positions parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamps parts together along layout marks
- Lays out, positions, and tack welds work pieces
- MIG Welds along vertical, horizontal, and overhead weld lines
- Connects regulator valves to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders for cutting torch. Turns regulator valves to activate flow of gases, lights torch, and adjusts gas mixture and pressure to obtain desired flame. Holds & guides torch at proper angle to cut metal
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Scarfs or grooves welds and parts
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or splatter
- Other duties as assigned
- Employee must regularly stand, walk, reach, stoop, lift, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move 90 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, close vision, peripheral vision, & depth perception
- High school diploma/GED/Technical School is preferred
- MIG Welding experience is a must
- Six months or more of related experience and/or training preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Knowledge of basic math, tape measure reading, fractions & decimals
- Ability to understands and carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to read blue prints and measuring tape
- Experienced in a fast paced production environment preferred
- Able to pass all EHS required tests and clearances
Headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing and service facilities throughout North America, Wastequip is the leading North American manufacturer of waste handling equipment. Wastequip is the only manufacturer to offer a full line of steel and plastic products to collect, handle and transport just about any type of waste and recyclables.