Welder (3rd Shift)
The Raymond Corporation
Welder (3rd Shift)
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Under regular supervision. Performs general arc welding, using primarily the Gas Metal Arc Welding ("MIG") process. Jobs are typically repetitive but are often complex in nature. Works on a wide variety of production parts and subweldments. Works in factory setting. Temperatures may be elevated, particularly in the summer months. Required to utilize power and hand tools. Eye, foot, noise, hand and skin protection is required to help shield against dust, sparks, hot objects and arc flash. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts in excess of 15 pounds.
- Operates welding equipment, arc gouging equipment, oxy-fuel torches, jigs, holding fixtures, measuring instruments, personal computer (PC) and hand tools.
- Follows specific work orders and safety procedures in the fabrication of production parts and a wide variety of sub-weldments through general arc welding (primarily "MIG" welding). Work is generally fixtured, but occasional hand set up is required.
- Required to clean and or grind own work prior to next operation.
- Conducts visual and dimensional check of own work.
- Uses overhead cranes and lift trucks to move heavy materials.
- Maintains work area, equipment and supplies in neat, organized manner. Uses P.C. to receive work instructions and schedules as well as to provide input on job status.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About the work environment:
Works in a factory setting. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in accordance with Company policy. For forklift operation, required to obtain and maintain Forklift Driver Certification through the Company and operate the forklift in a safe manner. Required to stand for long periods of time and manually lift/move/manipulate parts up to 50 pounds or use cranes/hoists to move heavier materials. Temperatures may be extreme; elevated in the summer, cold in the winter. Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.
- A High School Diploma, GED or vocational training is preferred
- One or more years of production "MIG" welding experience is required
- Needs to be Raymond welding certified (in compliance with AWS standards) for all welding processes required for the job
About the total compensation package:
Salary - Salaries starting at $22.38 per hour and is eligible for a 15% shift premium.
Benefits - We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Vacation available on day 1
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program