Fort Worth, TX
Responsible for laying out, fitting, and welding different parts and sub-assemblies to create components or products. Must be able to calculate extremely close tolerances to machine work.
- Tig and Mig Weld subassemblies and components.
- Lay out parts and subassemblies according to specifications.
- Inspect all welds for accuracy and repair any that need it.
- Fabricate and modify parts, equipment and any item needed in shop operation.
- Get with inspection to buy off parts and close work order.
- Cleans and inspects equipment to maintain functionality; reports repairs as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or equivalent.
- One year welding experience.
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES
Applies standard procedures according to operating policy and adhere to safety protocols. Keeps track of safety issues and notifies appropriate individual.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS & ABILITIES
- Able to accurately read a tape measurement and conduct mathematical calculations and measurements for cutting accuracy.
- Ability to read blueprint instructions, welding symbols and diagrams, and other printed instructions.
- Familiar with a variety of welding concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Work is performed in a manufacturing environment where hazardous or unpleasant conditions arise. Work area is influenced by environmental conditions of hot or cold temperatures.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
- Involves constant simple grasping and lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Frequently involves walking, standing, reaching below shoulder level and lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally involves sitting, bending at the waist, power grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Drive a forklift, works around equipment and machinery, may be exposed to dust, gas, fumes or chemicals, uses foot controls and is required to use safety equipment as needed.