Welder – Combo
Cajun Deep Foundations, LLC
Baton Rouge, LA
More information about this job
The Combo Welder must be trained in a variety of welding processes, including arc welding and oxy-fuel welding depending on the material being used. Must possess the ability to set up equipment and weld either pipe, plate or structural steel using arc, gas-shielded arc or gas welding equipment. Will work from blueprints, sketches, specifications and produce quality work with reasonable efficiency. Will obtain certification as necessary. Must learn and understand all safety hazards related to the work and also learn to safely and effectively use or operate work related tools and equipment. Will be required to work in a plant operations or construction jobsite setting.
*The following are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.
- Prepare materials to be welded and weld components
- Perform maintenance on welding torches and equipment
- Perform simple piping installations and repairs
- Assist other mechanics or craft workers as needed
- Must be able to push/pull, lift, or carry up to 50 lbs., but may occasionally push/pull, lift, or carry up to 100 lbs.
- Subject to repetitive use of hands/arms, and legs
- Hand/eye coordination
- Must be able to communicate (hear, comprehend, and speak) to safely perform work
- Will need to be able to perform sedentary to heavy work
- May operate hand and power tools (electric, gas, and pneumatic) of all types
- Climb and maintain balance on steel/wood framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Position may require prolonged bending/twisting, walking, crawling, kneeling, reaching overhead, squatting, pushing /pulling, or standing and lifting
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, muddy conditions, loose rock, loose/soft sand, etc.
- May be required to work in confined spaces
- Will be exposed to adverse weather conditions (Heat, Cold, Rain, Etc.)
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management/ supervision
- Work at various tempos, and concentrate amid distractions
- Decision making skills necessary
- Detail-oriented; must be able to remember, examine, and observe details