McConway & Torley, LLC
Arcosa Wind Towers, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of structural wind towers in North America. We focus on excellence, offering premier value to our customers.
Arcosa Wind Towers is seeking a Welder Lead. As a Welder Lead you will be Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Welder Lead provides training, guidance, and direction to assigned employees in an efficient, clean, safe, and cost-effective manner in order to achieve the goals and key performance metrics in line with the organization's objectives. You will use jigs/fixtures to lay-out pieces to be welded according to blueprints, layouts, schematics, or work orders using manual, semi-automatic and automatic welding equipment to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials. You may also be required to inspect completed work for conformance to specifications and perform maintenance to equipment.
Location: Belen, NM
What you’ll do:
- Proficiently perform flat welding
- Proficiently operate torch
- Lay-out and mark weld points
- Inspect completed work for conformance to specifications using measuring devices
- Complete and maintain all required records
- Proficiently perform carbon arcing
- Perform multi-pass welding
- Coach and train lower-level welders
- Proficiently read blueprints
- Provide training, guidance, and direction to assigned employees in an efficient, clean, safe, and cost-effective manner
- Maintain attendance within acceptable standards
What you’ll need:
- Preferred Experience: 10 Years Welding
- Certifications: Grinding, GMAW, Flux Core, SAW, Plasma, Arc Gouging (will be trained and certified by Arcosa)
- Preferred understanding and knowledge of all Weld Procedures and Weld Maps
- Preferred ability to train according to Weld Procedures and Weld Maps
- Technical Skills
- Read Tape Measure
- Visual Inspection
- Blueprint Reading
- Maintenance on Welding Equipment
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Read, write and speak proficiently in English
- Strong interpersonal communicator, good listener and open to feedback
- Ability to cross-train
- Leadership skills
- Work environment includes plant, warehouse, production and non-production areas and plant grounds.
- This position may require work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
- Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant
- Be aware of and observe all safety practices.
- Know and follow all safety rules and procedures.
- Participate in safety committees and initiatives as assigned.
As an important member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Activating the potential of our people,
- Caring for our customers,
- Optimizing operations and
- Integrating sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy and promote a results-driven culture that is aligned with long term value creation.
Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Health & Pharmacy
- Dental & Vision
- Critical Illness
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) W/Company Match
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program