Wondering what it’s like to be a welder at Steffes? Here – we’ll show you! Our welders operate a variety of equipment everyday – like a wire welder, plasma arc, and cutting torch – and utilize various grinders and other hand tools. It’s important that each of our welders can read drawings, blueprints, and build boards to manufacture our products and they must also follow standard work and training guides. Don’t have much experience? That’s no problem! Steffes offers an in-house Weld Academy to train newly hired welders in welding safety and specific procedures. If you’re interested in joining our talented welders at #TeamSteffes, apply today!
Steffes Core Values
Trust: We promote growth and long-term success by making wise decisions with trust as an essential component.
Respect: We unleash creative talents of our diverse workforce by treating each other the way we would like to be treated.
Teamwork: We believe people achieve much more by working together.
Integrity: We follow through and keep our word while being open, honest, ethical, and fair.
Safety: We view our co-workers as family members of our business and strive to ensure safety for all.
Humility: We recognize and appreciate strengths and contributions beyond one’s self. We are modest, genuine, and authentic.
- Able to operate various types of welding tools and various hand tools. (Including die grinders, angle grinders, etc.)
- Able to read drawings, blueprints, and heat numbers, if applicable.
- Follow and understand standard work, training guides, weld procedures, and acceptance criteria to meet customer requirements.
- Follow and understand build boards and Kanban system requirements.
- Report inconsistencies and/or defects in material, product or equipment.
- Basic problem solving and decision making.
- Able to make adjustments to various fab parts to allow proper alignment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in collaborative manner with customers, suppliers, co-workers, and management.
- Helps company meet its Strategic, Quality and Safety objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Service - Demonstrate excellent customer service and display a positive attitude and behavior consistent with the Steffes Code of Conduct and Core Values.
Quality - Actively support and participate in Quality Improvement.
- Take immediate action in unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all safety standards; thus, promoting safe practices to ensure a safe environment.
Conduct - Demonstrate and support the Steffes Code of Conduct.
Policies and Procedures - Demonstrate and support Steffes Policies and Procedures by:
- Using tact, sound judgement, and maintaining a professional attitude in communication and relationships with others.
- Striving to deliver the best quality in daily work.
- Promoting a positive image of Steffes and its products.
- Being timely and punctual in attendance and following all policies and procedures.
- Must pass level I weld test
- Basic computer knowledge (Windows, email, internet, etc.)
- Communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Reading skills (Basic instructional and technical information)
- An acceptable combination of education and experience
Physical Demands of Position
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
- Must have the ability to lift 70 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 100 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
- Stooping, crouching, kneeling and bending
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
- Visual acuity is required to inspect work completed
- This role may be subject to internal and external environmental conditions