Welder – Regional Projects
Stellar is seeking Welders in Fort Worth, TX and Pottstown, PA to plan, lay-out, position and align fabricated parts of mechanical, structural, and miscellaneous assemblies. You will install, weld, test and repair all types of pipe and similar tubular products in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards, and perform other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by supervision.
- Weld components according to specific welding procedure specifications
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble, weld and install all types of pipe and/or similar tubular products
- Install supports, valves and other control equipment
- Test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications
- Bolt, clamp or otherwise secure parts in position for welding
- Stamp, paint, or otherwise label self-performed welds according to proper welder identification information
- Follow established job-site safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area
- Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested by supervisor
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee will be required to wear personal protective equipment as needed to perform job tasks
- Employee is regularly exposed to noise, dust, and varying types of smells
- Employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; must be able to properly use and handle toxic or caustic chemicals
- Employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, elevated work areas, and outside weather conditions
- Employee is expected to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean work area
- Employee is expected to comply with Stellar, client, and OSHA safety requirements while traveling
Expected Hours of Work
- Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. primarily during day shift
- Scheduling requirements may routinely require working weekends and some periodic second shift hours
- Certain portions of projects may require work up to 16 hours per day for several consecutive days
TravelAnticipated 100% travel for this position. Locations vary throughout the Northeast United States.
- Must be able to pass one of the following weld tests: 6” 6G Carbon/Stainless Steel SMAW/GTAW or 2” 6G Carbon/Stainless Steel SMAW/GTAW to meet the quality requirements of ASME B31.3 including radiographic inspection
- Must have a working knowledge of various welding codes, specifications, techniques and methods
- Must be familiar with Refrigeration, HVAC and other process systems
- Must be able to operate mechanically powered lifting equipment for both personnel and materials as trained
- Must be able to safely and competently identify and use basic rigging procedures and equipment including chain hoists, come-alongs, and jacks
- Prior ASME 6G Certification preferred
- Three (3) years pipe welding experience preferred
- Anticipated 100% travel for this position throughout the United States
- Technical capacity for industrial systems and piping
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to work well within a collaborative, team atmosphere
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to organization/project policies, regulations and procedures
- Accountable for quality of own work and delegated work
- Well organized
- Good forward planner
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to present ideas effectively
- Completion of Stellar safety training within 14 days of employment and then annually thereafter
- Understand and implement hot work permits and lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to work overhead.
- Ability to use hands to grasp.
- Ability to reach with arms.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- Ability to sit, climb and balance.
- Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and uneven areas. Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with age.
- Ability to work up to 12-hour shift in all weather and temperature extremes.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Adequate vision to perform all required tasks.
- Ability to work over 5 feet above the ground; must not have a fear of heights.
Special Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Prior ASME 6G Certification preferred
- OSHA 10-hour certification preferred
Stellar offers a comprehensive package which includes:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Remote & hybrid work options for many positions
- Paid Time Off – accrue 15 days (120 hours) within first year of service
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Tax-advantaged accounts (HSA, FSA, Dependent Care FSA)
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) – company match with immediate vesting
Stellar, headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, is a fully integrated firm focusing on design, construction, architecture, engineering, and mechanical services worldwide for over 30 years. Stellar combines a multitude of capabilities to create buildings and systems of exceptional long-term quality, value and efficiency. From food processing plants and healthcare facilities to refrigerated warehouses, automated production lines and beyond, we offer an integrated approach to meet all our clients’ needs.
Stellar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, or any other status protected by law.