SMS group Inc. - East Pittsburgh
On-site maintenance and repair of aluminum extrusion equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use a wide variety of hand and power tools to disassembly, inspect, repair industrial equipment
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Travel nationally and internationally for extended periods, sometimes on short notice.
- Work overtime, and occasional rotating shifts to meet customer need including nights, weekends & holidays
- Reviews procedures, layouts, incoming parts, assemblies, and related tasks
- Reviews and assists with development of all job related JSA's/Work Instructions
- Cranes - lifts equipment safely, knows where disconnect switches are, performs daily crane inspections, loads and unloads trucks, stages equipment
- Forklift - drive safely, load and unload, refuel, perform daily forklift inspections
- High school diploma or GED
- Welding experience required, AWS certification preferred
- High mechanical aptitude
- Ability to travel extensively required (approximately 50%)
- Valid US driver’s license, CDL preferred but not required
- Familiarity with hydraulic and electrical control systems preferred
- Reading/Writing skills (literacy) required
- Basic computer proficiency preferred
- Mathematics - knows advanced shop math and other functions necessary for the job
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand and walk
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Continually works near moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently travels for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally works around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather).
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Additional remarks regarding work environment:
- Works within a general manufacturing environment.
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Vertical engine lathe, horizontal engine lathe, horizontal CNC lathe, hone machine.