Semo Tank/Baker Equipment Co.
Rogersville Tank Repair (owned by Dairy Farmers of America) is a tank trailer repair facility that also offers an inventory of related parts for resale.
The welder/fabricator/mechanic position is responsible for performing all types of tank trailer repair including but not limited to mechanical repair, welding, grinding, polishing, cutting, and fabricating operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform cutting, aligning, fitting, and welding operations for repairs/modification or design related to new equipment
- Perform grinding and polishing to 3A standards when required
- Locate and mark work piece cutting and bending lines, allowing for welding and machine shrinkage, stock thickness, and any other component specifications
- Lay out and examine metalwork pieces or stock to be processed to make sure that client specifications are met
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as rolls, brakes, drill presses, grinders, and shears, in order to cut, form, drill, bend, and punch
- Perform repairs to air brake and suspension systems
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, and perform preventative maintenance and general repairs to company and DOT standards
- Read and interpret engineering and assembly drawings
- Attend departmental training, such as safety and equipment training
- Handle, position, move, and install materials using arms and hands and manipulating things
- Apply sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job
- Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
- Keep track of materials used in order to maintain inventory control
- Properly record time spent and material used on daily work sheets
- Appropriately dispose of damaged materials
- Label and store salvage parts for future reinstallation
- Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly working area
- Furnish personal hand tools
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned