Big Tex Trailer Mfg., Inc.
The production lead demonstrates success in manufacturing operations while leading welding teams of different production lines. The production lead, monitors, and supervises a group of employees to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the organization. Team lead motivates and inspires welding team by creating an environment that promotes positive communication, encourages bonding of team members, and demonstrates flexibility. This position works directly for Production Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sure all team members are trained to effectively perform their job duties. Develop and train back up team members. Assist in team building and encouraging teamwork.
- Ensure team members are fully trained in all aspects of safety and quality.
- Participate in Root Cause/Corrective Action processes in safety, quality, and manufacturing occurrences.
- Embrace and educate employees on the continuous improvement culture, apply tools and leadership knowledge to improve business metrics.
- Update QSDC and Hour-by-Hour charts.
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through daily shop floor meetings, effective communication, and develop an efficient team which executes production requirements, changes, customer needs and process improvements.
- Enforce all company procedures / work standards. Make sure team members are producing at company standards and that they are following company procedures.
- Responsible for team attendance; return to work from all breaks, in/out of shift.
- Coordinates with on ground and forklift material handlers for parts needs.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Report to management team during GEMBA walk time.
- Ensure all safety rules are being followed; reports all accidents to safety department.
- Work with QC inspectors regarding quality concerns.
- Coordinate with maintenance concerning equipment down.
- Ensure all 5S and housekeeping requirements are being followed.
- Work side-by-side with new welders on training and development.
- Assist Production Manager in welder evaluations.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- 1-2 years minimum of operations, process improvement or training experience.
- 1-2 years minimum leadership experience.
- Must have excellent organization skills, communication skills, and computer proficiency.
- Authorized to work in the US.