Winchester – Production Machine Adjustor I Trainee S/2
Olin Corp., Winchester Div.
East Alton, IL
Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”), considered one of the world’s leading ammunition manufacturers, is seeking a Shotshell Loading Production Machine Adjustor I Trainee - Hourly. This position will be located at the East Alton, IL facility. The starting wage for an Adjustor I Trainee is $25.56/hour. Upon successfully completing the required time in position, the 100% top scale wage is currently $29.76/hour. With a reputation steeped in tradition, we have earned the moniker, ‘The American Legend’ by delivering on our commitment to excellence in everything we do – including staffing our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities with diverse, energetic employees. Read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity and join our quest for the best.
- Operates, troubleshoots, and performs changeovers to multiple Shotshell Loading machines.
- Uses various handheld tools.
- Performs quality checks.
- Utilizes a stand-up forklift.
- Examines product for defects, and ensures the quality process is followed.
- Adheres to all safety requirements including lockout/tagout and wearing required PPE.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Advanced mechanical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience operating a forklift preferred, a stand-up forklift would be a plus.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, lift up to 65 pounds and perform repetitive tasks.
- Current schedule is a straight afternoon shift (S/2). Must also be willing to work rotating weekly shifts (midnights, afternoons, days) or other straight shifts, weekends, and forced overtime.
- This position requires successful vetting as an Employee Possessor in accordance with U.S. Department of Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
- This position requires access to ITAR controlled technical data, and as such, employment will be contingent upon the candidate's ability to access ITAR controlled technical data pursuant to an export license approved by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, if required.
What’s in it for you?
While many of our employees have worked at Olin for their entire career, we constantly strive to bring new people with new points of view into the company. Your career is important to us, and we work with you to create development plans that help you achieve your career goals.
Our employees enjoy the following employment enhancements and more:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance effective on the 1st day of the month following 60 consecutive days of service
- Fertility Benefits (lifetime maximum $25,000)
- 401(k) with an employer match and retirement contribution account
- Vacation Eligibility
- Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Ammunition Purchase Program
Winchester is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
*This list is not intended to be all inclusive.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.