Wind Technician I
Goldwind USA, Inc.
Our Team Innovates for a Brighter Tomorrow!
Why Work at Goldwind Americas?
Goldwind is an elite wind turbine supplier and energy solutions provider thanks to the talent and dedication of our team in 33 countries around the world. Goldwind Americas, the North American subsidiary of Goldwind Science and Technology, fosters an environment that is multi-cultural and fast-paced, where collaborative outside-the-box creative thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit are highly valued.
Though we are united by common goals, we view the tremendous diversity in our team’s cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds as our greatest asset. This sense of camaraderie and cross-collaboration spurs innovation that ensures our business continues to grow and our people continue to prosper.
Goldwind’s success in developing, selling, and supporting the most advanced, cost-efficient renewable energy technologies is due to our employees who continually raise the bar and a culture that values high-performers, safety, and excellence.
Discover if Driving a Renewable Future at Goldwind is right for you:
Reporting to the Site Manager or Lead Technician, the Tech I provides the organization with a knowledgeable, multi-skilled, troubleshooting person who maintains and operates the wind power plant.
- The Tech I will be a team player performing operations and maintenance tasks to achieve safe, cost-effective operation of the facility with minimum supervision
- Learn operational and troubleshooting procedures through OJT and /or company LMS systems.
- Learn CMMS (FEMS) system operation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and control systems
- Operate the facility during start-up, shutdown, normal, and emergency conditions in accordance with operating procedures and instructions to maintain a safe and efficient operation
- Review and understand operating Procedures for turbine operations and maintenance, safety and ISO Compliance
- Perform/direct housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean safe work environment and professional appearance of the turbines and office facilities
- Work within and ensure strict adherence to all safety and environmental procedures required by regulation, customer requirements and industry best practices
- This position will require mandatory On Call duties as outlined by management
- Promote and enforce safety culture across the range of Goldwind’s employees, contractors, and subcontractors to maintain highest quality, health, safety and environmental performance
- This position will require mandatory scheduled & unscheduled travel. Travel will be scheduled if able, but there may be times where emergency travel is required and could be up to 40% of the time in the assigned region.
- Promote and continue to improve Goldwind’s ISO program to ensure continued certification
- Complete required paperwork and reports as assigned by site manager
- Assist other departments with an investigation or field testing as assigned by site manager
- Communicate with the Goldwind ROC on any turbine related activities to ensure proper tracking and safety
- Follow Goldwind USA’s (or applicable) QHSE policies, procedures, guidelines of project safety plan, including safety statistics, accident reporting and investigation, etc. to maintain proper operation
- All other duties as assigned by manager
- Understand and implement QHSE management systems as it relates to their role
Preferred Qualifications/Core Competencies/Skills/Behaviors:
- A positive, proactive and professional communication style; Must be a team player
- This position requires a highly flexible individual capable of becoming multi-skilled and working in a team environment performing various team support functions
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather and at heights, climb ladders without assistance greater than 130 meters
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds)
- Computer proficient
- Experience in mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance, or instrumentation and controls is desirable
Required Education and or Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- One year of directly related wind energy experience (preferred)
Goldwind is an Equal Opportunity encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.