Wire and Cable Applications Engineers
Harbour Industries LLC
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Job Type: Full-time salaried position with typical hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Occasional travel in execution of duties and responsibilities is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Building an understanding of industry and government standards, material science, and manufacturing technologies to support current and new products.
- Participate in customer and industry meetings to continue to refine our product offerings such that they solve for the largest customer need.
- Managing customer and industry specification files and communicating changes.
- Producing technical designs in CAD software and preparing cost estimates and product drawings.
- Supporting new product development through the stage gate process.
- Creating specifications for and developing new raw materials.
- Developing and executing test and qualification plans in close cooperation with laboratory technicians, third-party test labs, and regulatory authorities.
- Basic understanding of CAD software for product and fixture drawings.
- Working knowledge of common spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Good mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- An understanding of engineering and mathematical principles and how to apply them to solve real world problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Please note that pursuant to government & industry requirements, this specific position requires US citizenship status or permanent residency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or another related technical field. Candidates who have applicable industry experience and are pursuing a relevant bachelor’s degree in the sciences or engineering will also be considered.
- Can speak and communicate effectively as part of a cross-functional team including: management, sales, engineering, operations personnel, customers, and vendors.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.