WV – Cost Accountant
NGK Spark Plugs, Inc.
JOB PURPOSE: Analyze labor costs, the cost of materials, the costs associated with shipping, production costs, and other costs related to the manufacturing operations to identify areas that can be made more efficient.
- Develop cost standards for material, labor, and overhead
- Compile monthly production report
- Analyze Production Costs
- Provide backup for fixed assets function
- Review and analyze production variances
- Compile monthly plant financial reports
- Assist in development of annual budgets
- Budget/ Actual Reporting
- Monitor overhead spending
- Maintain accounting and costing views in material master
- Perform and analyze cost rollups
- Create Journal entries as needed
- Other projects assigned by management
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures which include IATF, ISO, ISMS, and Safety related policies.
- Perform all job-related tasks as assigned.
- General housekeeping duties (5S);
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Academic Skills/Knowledge/Experience (Preferred):
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
3-5 years of costing related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Posses and demonstrate high energy and initiave
SAP Experience preferred
Effective and creative problem solver
Excellent organizational skills
Able to multi-task and managage priorties
Highly effective communication skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with advanced Excel skills
Highly tactful and diplomatic
Strong ability to work cross-functionally
Adapt to changing needs in fast paced office
Ability to manage stressful situations