X-Ray Lab Intern
onsemi is seeking a hands-on X-Ray Lab Intern/Technician to perform the daily operations and maintenance of the onsite X-Ray facility for silicon carbide (SiC). This person will execute X-Ray scans on material provided by all internal customers. The ideal candidate will also provide support, and training to internal and external customers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run x-ray equipment and analyzes results.
- Prepares samples for X-Ray analysis.
- Performs periodic checks to ensure proper operation.
- Ensures lab follows all relevant safety protocols.
- Maintains documentation records for all internal samples.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise with X-Ray facility operations.
- Assembles reports to document lab status and changes.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Approachability & internal customer focus.
- Action Oriented.
- Strategic Agility & Planning.
- Communication Skills (both written and presentation)..
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with health and safety requirements in an industrial environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a science, with 1-2 years of hands-on lab experience.
- Experience with XRD and Xray Topography Imaging (Synchrotron or Lab Systems).
- Experience with Minitab, JMP, Tableau or similar software preferred.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced engineering and manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to manage conflict in a stressful environment.
- Understands and listens to team members and fosters a productive team environment.
- Handles multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Proficient in advanced techniques with relevant software: MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. in addition to experience working within shared work environments.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.