Yard Worker Yard
Performs a variety of yard activities including operating a forklift to move product and material throughout the yard. Provides customer service to customers.
What You'll Do:
- Assists customers in the location and loading of product.
- Reviews materials loaded against invoice or requisition; completes and routes paperwork appropriately.
- Moves product/material throughout the yard ensuring placement in correct areas.
- Ensures product/material is well stocked of inventory at all times.
- Performs routine cleanup of yard.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and six months’ experience with performing these or similar tasks; or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Requires OSHA Forklift Certification
What You Can Bring to the Team:
- Ability to operate motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment.
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing tasks
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of company products/inventory available at work location
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to read and understand invoices and requisitions
Work Environment / Physical Activity:
- Work is performed primarily in an outdoor yard environment, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to physically operate forklift equipment (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360-degree visibility, use arms to operate controls.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: [email protected]. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/SpanishApply Now