Zone General Manager (Mining Zone)
Schwan's Home Delivery
This position is responsible for leading and managing all route and warehouse operations of multiple sales and distribution facilities within a specified geography. This leader works with cross-functional partners to plan and execute all field activities to drive profitability through performance improvement in safety, revenue, cost control, and the customer and employee experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves revenue, cost, and earnings targets through execution of warehouse and route operations, service delivery, fleet and facility maintenance, asset utilization, and labor management.
- Contributes to the development of the zone financial plan and leads execution and delivery of results within the specified geography. Leads the development of depot business plans. Ensures focus, discipline, and execution to deliver revenue, cost, and profit targets.
- Owns the customer experience and service execution within the zone and serves as the voice of the customer. Leads planning and execution to best utilize resources and improve service quality to exceed customer expectations. Ensures timely and seamless customer service recovery and communication.
- Leads and manages human capital for the zone to obtain maximum benefit through human resource planning, attraction, selection, hiring, development, coaching, motivation, recognition, accountability, and retention.
- Models values-based behaviors and leads culture within the zone to drive an inclusive environment.
- Manages the utilization of fleet resources within the zone to improve safety, service reliability and reduce cost. Reduces unplanned downtime by driving execution of preventative maintenance, defrost, pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Manages spare ratios, commissioning of new vehicles, and timely retirement of decommissioned vehicles.
- Ensures all facilities within the zone are safe, professional, organized, well-maintained and productive. Leads execution of inspections and corrective actions.
- Manages inventory to ensure product availability to meet customer demand, ensures quality control, and reduces shrink and damage. Leads Material Handler productivity and product handling efficiency by leveraging best practices and nationally defined processes and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable corporate, local, state, and federal policies, rules, and regulations to include the Department of Transportation (DOT). Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Develops effective working relationships and collaborates with cross-functional partners. Leverages support resources for performance and process improvement.
- Responsible for overall communication with teammates and stakeholders at all levels to support alignment, consistency, execution, and process improvement.
- Owns disaster contingency planning. Leads relief, and recovery process execution for the zone.
- 30-40% overnight travel may be required.
- Responsibility for personal and team conduct consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Years of Related Experience: 7-10 years or more related work experience.
- Proven ability to develop a high performing team and lead execution of company strategy towards stated vision. The ability to gain commitment by inspiring, coaching, developing individuals and teams.
- Ability to model, lead and establish high standards of performance and ethics with accountability for self and others. The ability to attract, select, develop, and retain talent to continuously strengthen the workforce.
- Understanding of financial statements, P&L management, and planning experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Solid leadership and management skills in the areas of sales, cost management, route delivery, customer service, finance, HR, safety, logistics and supply chain.
- Proven success in collaborating cross-functionally to reach common goals and drive results.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office, TEAMs and the ability to learn new technologies.